At OneLedger, we are using blockchain technology to build the blockchain of blockchains. If you are a passionate blockchain architect with a pioneering entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to help us build our platform.
In this role, you will lead the development team to help define, design, develop and implement next-generation applications used by businesses across the industry.
You want to have high impact, drive marketing innovation, and have a meaningful contribution to both our work environment and our client’s business too. You thrive in collaborative environments and are able to quickly switch gears between research, client work, and supporting your colleagues under minimal supervision.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of an emerging business that is positioned to make a big impact in the blockchain industry. You should have excellent organization and problem solving skill plus a strong desire to want to grow your skills and knowledge.
You are able to travel to USA, China, EU and Barbados to collaborate and connect the entire team.
OneLedger – the company
OneLedger is a Barbados- based company with offices in Barbados, Canada (Toronto), and China.
We are building a next generation blockchain protocol to connect together and bridge the existing decentralized technologies with enterprises. We also provide advisory services to companies to help them succeed at using blockchain solutions. We are a well-funded company and OneLedger has very strong support from the blockchain community and industry partners. OneLedger released its MVP in June 2018 and we are now building towards our TestNet and MainNet milestones in 2019 and beyond.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and talented Blockchain Architect to join our growing team. The successful candidate will love learning and thrive in a startup environment where succeeding with diverse challenges and constant change is part of the day to day work. We are a flat organization allowing you to work directly with, and to learn from, senior staff.
What You’ll Do
Jump right in to a fast-paced time bound development effort with ambitious milestones for 2019, including a OneLedger Test-net implementation in the 1st half and then our Main-Net launch later in the year.
- Lead our development team by promoting architecture and utilizing best practices
- Collaborate with our lead developers (and de facto architects) to quickly outline and exercise the OneLedger offering(s) architecture. And create reference architectures, understanding the impact to enterprise architecture
- Provide overall technical oversight and make recommendations for management action addressing engineering visibility, veracity and velocity
- Document best practices and act as a knowledgeable resource for engineering and problem solving
- Research and prototype next generation Blockchain-as-a-Service
- Define performance testing scenarios, develop automated test programs,and identify performance bottlenecks
- Understand the different blockchain solutions (Hyperledger Fabric, Ethereum, Chain, Corda, etc.) and their relevance & application in OneLedger solutions
- Design and lead solution, scoping, estimation and technical services for Blockchain projects
- Assist with project delivery and deployment of the blockchain application
- Lend specific subject matter knowledge to the design and integration phase of each project, helping to give specificity to the appropriate architecture, data model, and system design and interfacing requirements.
- Manage development team(s) to successfully deliver OneLedger solutions
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in development of enterprise applications and / or decentralized peer-to-peer applications
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills, must be a team player and comfortable with scrum / Agile methodologies
- Previous work with P2P Networking and distributed systems
- Strong understanding of DevOps
- Understanding of various distributed consensus methodologies (Mining, PoS, Paxos, etc)
- Knowledge of Blockchain technologies (BitCoin, Hyperledger Fabric, Corda and Ethereum)
- Knowledge of various consensus/synchronization algorithms (PoW, PoS, or BFT, paxos, raft), Zero-Knowledge Proof, Peer-to-Peer or Mesh networking
- Knowledge of Blockchain layer 2 technologies such as scalability and inter-operability
- Knowledge of smart contract security/verification and writing smart contracts
- Understanding of cryptography, including asymmetric (pub/priv key), symmetric, hash functions, encryption/signatures
- Experience building applications using any of the following (or similar) languages: Python, C, C++, C#, golang, Rust, Haskell, or Erlang
- GitHub and IDE environments (Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA and others)
- Strong knowledge of Unix, Linux environments
- Cloud infrastructure management on MS Azure, Amazon AWS, IBM BlueMix etc.
- General system and network administration skills
- Previous work contributing to open source Bitcoin/Altcoin projects
- Strong experience with Python implementing and delivering production solutions
- Ethereum specific knowledge will be an added advantage: Go, Solidity (Ethereum), and experience with Mist wallet, Mix IDE, and open-source Ethereum clients