System Architect & Tech Lead
At OneLedger, we are using blockchain technology to build the blockchain of blockchains. If you are a passionate blockchain architect with a pioneering entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to help us build our platform.
In this role, you will lead the development team to help define, design, develop and implement next-generation applications used by businesses across the industry.
You want to have high impact, drive marketing innovation, and have a meaningful contribution to both our work environment and our client’s business too. You thrive in collaborative environments and are able to quickly switch gears between research, client work, and supporting your colleagues under minimal supervision.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of an emerging business that is positioned to make a big impact in the blockchain industry. You should have excellent organization and problem solving skill plus a strong desire to want to grow your skills and knowledge.
You are able to travel to USA, China, EU and Barbados to collaborate and connect the entire team.
OneLedger – the company
OneLedger is a Barbados- based company with offices in Barbados, Canada (Toronto), and China.
We are building a next generation blockchain protocol to connect together and bridge the existing decentralized technologies with enterprises. We also provide advisory services to companies to help them succeed at using blockchain solutions. We are a well-funded company and OneLedger has very strong support from the blockchain community and industry partners. OneLedger released its MVP in June 2018 and we are now building towards our TestNet and MainNet milestones in 2019 and beyond.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and talented Blockchain Architect to join our growing team. The successful candidate will love learning and thrive in a startup environment where succeeding with diverse challenges and constant change is part of the day to day work. We are a flat organization allowing you to work directly with, and to learn from, senior staff.
What You’ll Do
Jump right in to a fast-paced time bound development effort with ambitious milestones for 2019, including a OneLedger Test-net implementation in the 1st half and then our Main-Net launch later in the year.
- Lead our development team by promoting architecture and utilizing best practices
- Collaborate with our lead developers (and de facto architects) to quickly outline and exercise the OneLedger offering(s) architecture. And create reference architectures, understanding the impact to enterprise architecture
- Provide overall technical oversight and make recommendations for management action addressing engineering visibility, veracity and velocity
- Document best practices and act as a knowledgeable resource for engineering and problem solving
- Research and prototype next generation Blockchain-as-a-Service
- Define performance testing scenarios, develop automated test programs,and identify performance bottlenecks
- Design and lead solution, scoping, estimation and technical services for Blockchain projects
- Assist with project delivery and deployment of the blockchain application
- Lend specific subject matter knowledge to the design and integration phase of each project, helping to give specificity to the appropriate architecture, data model, and system design and interfacing requirements.
- Manage development team(s) to successfully deliver OneLedger solutions
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in development of enterprise applications and / or decentralized peer-to-peer applications
- 3+ years of architecture experience.
- 3+ years of team and project leadership experience.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative stakeholder relationships across multiple geographies and business functions.
- Ability to effectively communicate high-level concepts and solutions with Technology and Business teams and stakeholders.
- Advanced level of analysis of the big picture while maintaining a level of detail appropriate to the context of a variety of situations.
- Creativity to apply new technologies to solve industrial problems
- Strong experience with application implementing and delivering production solutions
- Previous work with P2P Networking or distributed systems
- Experience building applications using any of the following (or similar) languages: Python, C, C++, C#, golang, Rust, Haskell, or Erlang
- Strong understanding of DevOps
- Strong knowledge in cloud infrastructure such as MS Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud and their solutions
- Understanding of various distributed consensus methodologies (Mining, PoS, Paxos, etc), Zero-Knowledge Proof, Peer-to-Peer or Mesh networking
- Understanding of cryptography, enterprise security solutions
- Team player and comfortable with scrum / Agile methodologies
- Familiar with version control tools and procedures.
- Understand the different blockchain solutions (Hyperledger, Ethereum, EOS, Corda, etc.) and their relevance & application in OneLedger solutions
- Knowledge in enterprise blockchain technology will be an added advantage
- You are involved in open source developer community groups