At OneLedger, we are using blockchain technology to build the blockchain of blockchains. If you are a passionate DevOps with a pioneering entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to help us build our platform.
In this role, you will help the development team build, test and deploy our blockchain to different platforms.
You want to have high impact and make meaningful contributions to both our work environment and our client’s business too. You thrive in collaborative environments and are able to quickly switch gears between research, client work, and supporting your colleagues under minimal supervision.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of an emerging business that is positioned to make a big impact in the blockchain industry. You should have excellent organization and problem solving skill plus a strong desire to want to grow your skills and knowledge.
You are able to travel to USA, China, EU and Barbados to collaborate and connect the entire team.
OneLedger – the company
OneLedger is a Barbados- based company with offices in Barbados, Canada (Toronto), and China.
We are building a next generation blockchain protocol to connect together and bridge the existing decentralized technologies with enterprises. We also provide advisory services to companies to help them succeed at using blockchain solutions. We are a well-funded company and OneLedger has very strong support from the blockchain community and industry partners. OneLedger released its MVP in June 2018 and we are now building towards our TestNet and MainNet milestones in 2019 and beyond.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and talented DevOps to join our growing team. The successful candidate will love learning and thrive in a startup environment where succeeding with diverse challenges and constant change is part of the day to day work. We are a flat organization allowing you to work directly with, and to learn from, senior staff.
What You’ll Do
Jump right in to a fast-paced time bound development effort with ambitious milestones for 2019, including a OneLedger Test-net implementation in the 1st half and then our Main-Net launch later in the year.
- Create continuous integration and cloud deployment procedure.
- Build the monitoring and metrics reporting for our test network.
- Work closely with developers to improve quality and efficiency of the software
- Maintain security using industry best practices.
- Have a desire to automate everything.
- Lead our blockchain automated deployment tools development
- Investigate and adopt new technologies as needs arise.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a DevOps or Developer or Systems Administrator in a primarily cloud environment.
- Strong knowledge in any programming languages such as: Python, JAVA, Ruby, Go, Scala, Node.JS,
- Proficient with Command Line, Bash scripting and configuring servers like Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, NodeJS.
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with several type of databases, SQL or Not (MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis).
- Experience in Configuration Management specifically with automation tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Experience with Docker and cluster management systems such as Mesos, Kubernetes, Rancher.
- Knowledge of enterprise monitoring processes and tools such as Check_MK, ELK and TICK stack, Grafana, etc.
- Strong understanding of networking and infrastructure setup in a web hosting/delivery environment.
- Experience with Cloud services such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
- Understanding of distributed systems and P2P networks
- Good communication skills and capacity/willingness to work in a team environment
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Previous work contributing to open source Bitcoin/Altcoin projects
- Experience setting up blockchain nodes on cloud platform
- Strong experience with Python implementing and delivering production solutions
- Ethereum specific knowledge will be an added advantage: Go, Solidity (Ethereum), and experience with Mist wallet, Mix IDE, and open-source Ethereum clients